When it comes to luxury and class, you can’t go wrong with a signature from Kenneth Cole. The New York-based design house seems to be on every beauty shelf, from shoes and bags to watches and other accessories.
The company has one of the most famous fragrance lines that features many men’s and women’s colognes.
So, whether you need a new fragrance for work or something to wear on your next trip, you won’t go wrong with a cologne from the luxury brand.
With this in mind, we present the best Kenneth Cole cologne for men and women currently available in the market.
Our Top 3 Best Kenneth Cole Cologne List for Men
Kenneth Cole Black
The Kenneth Cole Black cologne has been around since 2003 and still continues to dominate today as a best seller. So what makes it so endearing?
First, it’s hard to miss the woody, aromatic scent, which seems to work with all skin chemistry. Second, it has a long-lasting fragrance and a bottle design that is just like the cologne – black, bold, and daring.
It is the perfect cologne for gents who welcome attention and want to stand out.
- Lovely transition: The fragrance opens with a blast of mandarin orange and water-mint, enveloped by spicy ginger and basil. Then it transitions into heart notes consisting of lotus flower and smoky incense paired with nutmeg, cedar leaf, and wood resins. Next, it dries down to a nice sexy, seductive scent with hints of musk, ambergris, and black suede.
- Long-lasting: As earlier indicated, a major highlight of the fragrance is the longevity. Depending on your skin type, you can expect up to 5-8 hours of freshness.
- Fresh feeling: The presence of basil essence and water-mint in the ingredient mix gives the fragrance a fresh feel – something to excite you besides its luxurious bottle design.
- Moderate intensity: Another thing we love about the cologne is that it doesn’t “scream.” This makes it suitable for any occasion.
Volume: 3.4 oz.
Scent: Woody, Aromatic
Perfume Type: Eau de Toilette (EDT)
Product Form: Spray
Longevity: 5-8 hours
- Fruity, fresh, zesty scent
- Long-lasting fragrance
- Doesn’t project too much
- Great pricing
- Great for morning wear
- Ample quantity
- Might be a bit offensive for sensitive co-workers
Kenneth Cole Mankind Coffret
The Kenneth Cole Mankind Coffret consists of three unique scents – Mankind, Mankind Hero, and Mankind Legacy. Each one in an 0.5 oz. EDT bottle spray.
The set allows you to try out the different colognes without investing in the larger bottles.
That said, all three fragrances are developed for the modern man and evoke undeniable personality. You can go wrong with any of them!.
- Clean scent: The colognes have a crisp, clean scent that blends well with your natural smell. They are not overpowering, so you can wear with confidence.
- Travel size: No doubt, the bottles are small, but that’s the idea behind Coffee – to give you a taste of the different colognes, so you can decide which one to go for. There’s more than enough in each bottle to experiment with, and once you find a winner, you can go for the filler bottle.
- Doesn’t last long: If you’re buying the colognes strictly for longevity, then you might end up disappointed. From our experience, all three fragrances wear off sooner. However, you can apply them multiple times a day to remain drenched.
- Beautiful scents: Each one of the three colognes has very delicious scents, and you can’t go wrong with them. The Mankind Hero has a very attractive subtle forest pine scent linked to the rich wood) infused with vanilla sweetness. It feels beautifully light and casual. Mankind and Mankind Legacy is also based on a woody structure with aromatic notes. All three scents are designed for men who want to feel powerful and confident.
- Volume: 0.5 oz. (each)
- Sillage: Light to moderate
- Scent: Assorted
- Gender: Masculine
- Form: Spray
- Age: Men
- Sweet, mature, masculine scents
- Clean and crisp
- Travel size bottles
- Different colognes in one
- Not overpowering
- Doesn’t last long
- Small bottle size
Kenneth Cole Reaction
Reaction takes a slightly different direction from the usual compositions of Kenneth Cole cologne. It can be described as an electric woody fragrance with a youthful vibe that evokes an intense masculine presence that is extremely sensual and addictive.
It was launched in 2004 and features mainly fruity and aromatic notes.
You can wear it to virtually any occasion. But from our experience, it’s best worn during the day and in warm weather.
There’s no denying this is one of the best colognes in the Kenneth Cole lineup.
- Energetic: The fragrance comes off fresh with a burst of energy that feels like a rush of electricity. The top notes include crisp apple and juicy lime, while the watermelon dominates the heart notes. The base consists of warm notes of patchouli, sandalwood, and musk.
- Good longevity: Besides having a great scent, the fragrance is long-lasting. You can expect up to 6 hours or more, depending on your skin type.
- Nice packaging: The 3.4 oz. cologne is packaged in a small gorgeous glass bottle in a velvety white box – a nice vanity piece that stands out on your shelf or table.
- Great for younger men: As earlier indicated, the cologne has a youthful vibe, making it an ideal signature scent for younger men.
Longevity: 6+ hours
Volume: 3.4 oz.
Age: Younger men
Sillage: Moderate to heavy
Perfume Type: EDT
- Fresh, clean, woody scent
- Not overpowering
- Sexy masculine
- Very invigorating
- Great for spring and summer
- Might be a bit offensive to sensitive noses
Our Top 3 Best Kenneth Cole Cologne List for Women
Kenneth Cole White for Her Body Mist
If you want a cheaper alternative to a perfume for everyday wear, the body mist or spray is an excellent choice. The Kenneth Cole White for Her is one of the best options you will find in this category.
It has a beautiful light scent that is inspired by warm sun-kissed skin – fresh, clean, floral, and seductive.
Although noticeable, the scent is subtle and not overpowering. It’s an excellent match for women who want to feel confident and step beyond boundaries.
You can apply it immediately after you leave the shower or during the day.
- Light and sweet: The cologne has a very clean, sweet scent that feels fresh and light on the skin. It is bright and calm and won’t give you a headache.
- Fruity freshness and vanilla warmth: It starts out with a burst of fruity freshness and dries down with the warmth of vanilla, musk, and amber. This is the kind of fragrance that will capture any man’s attention.
- Not heavy or overpowering: We also like the fact that the fragrance is not overpowering. So, you can wear it out with confidence.
- Very economical: This is probably the cheapest cologne you will find that isn’t really cheap for the price and bottle size. It’s an unbeatable deal!
Volume: 8.0 oz.
Scent: Florals, citrus, sandalwood, musk
Sillage: Light to moderate
Longevity: 1-2 hours
- Very affordable
- Light with vanilla sweetness and warmth
- Not offensive
- Large bottle
- Doesn’t last long
Kenneth Cole Black Women’s Body Mist Spray
For our next best Kenneth Cole women cologne, we have the Black Women’s Body Mist Spray.
This is essentially the female version of the original Black for Men. So, it projects the same classy mature scent but, this time, with a feminine intensity.
It is mainly composed of white flowers that develop into a bold fragrance that reveals a glamorous, dark character that lives the nightlife but acts innocent during the day.
It was introduced in 2004 by Marie Amandine on the brand’s 29th anniversary.
- Beautiful scent: The fragrance starts off with a citrus accord that is paired with violet and hyacinth but then transitions later to heart notes of lotus, Magnolia, and dry tuberose. Lotus and Magnolia also dominate the base with a hint of iris. To sum it up, the fragrance is floral but in a subtle way. So, don’t panic if you don’t like floral scents; chances are that you will love this one!
- Not overpowering: Another thing we love about the fragrance is that it’s not offensive. This is because it’s not too strong, so it doesn’t feel heavy. From our experience, it also works well for men.
- Doesn’t last very long: Although the cologne smells great, it doesn’t last long enough in most cases. We are looking at 1-2 hours top or maybe 3 depending on your skin type.
- Best for summer: If you’re wondering the best time to wear this fragrance, then summer is perfect. That said, the cologne is suitable for everyday use.
Volume: 8 Oz.
Longevity: 1-2 hours
Form: Mist spray
- Great price
- Scent is universal (not limited to women)
- Perfect for everyday use
- Best for summer
- Light, sexy, and fresh (easy to travel with)
- Not long-lasting
Kenneth Cole Reaction for Her Body Mist
The Kenneth Cole Reaction for Her is another cologne launched by the American design house.
It’s a fragrance you can wear and get noticed every time. So be ready to be greeted with compliments.
The smell is crisp, clean, and seductive. Not too fruity and light. If you hate scents that are heavy with floral, then you will find this to be a perfect match.
- Smooth blend: The top notes include watermelon, mandarin, kiwi, and grapefruit, while the hearts are mainly poppy flowers, sweet pea, lily, violet petals, and white orchids. The base is white amber, vetiver, cottonwood, and musk. The fragrance can be said to be a balance of fruity scents and cotton.
- Perfect for younger women: The fragrance has a youthful, playful vibe which makes it perfect for younger ladies. It evokes seductive femininity.
- Decent longevity: The scent lasts 3-4 hours, which is quite decent for a body mist spray. If you don’t want to spend more money on a perfume, then you can’t go wrong with this.
- Seductive: If you desire a flirty scent, the type that would get men to REACT when you pass by, then this would make an excellent choice. Though powerful, it is subtle and won’t give you headaches.
Volume: 8.0 oz.
Longevity: 3-4 hours
Sillage: Light to moderate
- Fresh, crisp, and clean
- Beautiful, seductive scent
- Ideal for any occasion
- Great as a gift
- Plenty for the price
- We wish it could last a bit longer
Kenneth Cole Cologne: Buying Guide
The best cologne is highly subjective. So besides knowing the best options, there are several things you need to know to decide on the perfect cologne that would suit your style and personality. With this in mind, here are five key things to consider when choosing the best Kenneth Cole cologne.
Like perfumes, colognes are identified by different “notes,” which determine the direction of the scent. These notes usually consist of 3 layers – top, middle, and base notes – which fuse to produce a certain smell.
So you will commonly see some cologne being referred to as having a floral scent like, which is reflective of the notes it contains.
Floral fragrances typically consist of notes like gardenia, rose, or geranium. Other scents and examples of notes they commonly include are listed below:
Fruity: Apple, citrus, etc.
Spicy: Cinnamon, star anise, ginger, etc.
Musk: Woody, etc.
Fresh: mint, etc.
Getting familiar with the notes of a cologne will give you an idea of what to expect.
Colognes come in different concentrations, which determine the longevity and sillage of the fragrance.
Usually, the higher the concentration, the more expensive the cologne is. This is because such cologne usually has a stronger scent and tends to last longer.
There are four levels of fragrance concentrations – perfume, de parfum, eau de toilette, and eau de cologne. Perfume has the highest concentration and will last all day (even with a single application), while eau de cologne has the least concentration and typically lasts for two hours.
If you’re new to the fragrance world, then it’s safer to go for something fresh with many complications. Ideally, it should have a short ingredient list and be based on something recognizable like lavender, vanilla, mint, or citrus.
This is because it’s easier to predict the direction of a fragrance with 10 ingredients than one with 37.
In addition, you might want to go with a cologne that smells like something you like. For instance, if you enjoy spicy food, it makes sense to go for a fragrance with a lot of spiciness. It’s a lot easier for your senses to relate to the smell.
As with any other item, when purchasing a cologne, it’s a good idea to have a specific budget in mind. This helps you to narrow down your options.
You don’t need to buy an expensive cologne to smell nice. That said, you should be ready to spend extra for your desired fragrance.
Kenneth Cole colognes are generally on the affordable side, with most costing around $100.
What does Kenneth Cole colognes smell like?
Kenneth Cole colognes are usually light and refreshing, with woody and aromatic structures. The dominating notes are highly dependent on the particular cologne.
How long does Kenneth Cole last?
Kenneth Cole colognes generally have a decent longevity and sillage. The exact hours depend on the product and its concentration. Some colognes can last 3-5 hours, while others might linger throughout the day.
How Much Does Kenneth Cole cologne cost?
This depends on where you buy it from. Some retail prices are double the amount of the same product on online stores like Amazon. Most of the colognes on Amazon are around $100.
Where is Kenneth cole cologne made?
Most of the company’s colognes are made in the US.
Does Kenneth Cole make perfume?
Yes, the Kenneth Cole fragrance line also includes perfumes.
About The Author
Lucas describes himself as a “certified fragrance expert”, having worked with some of the world’s top perfumeries as a perfume consultant. His love for fragrances has allowed him to help companies create scents that continue to sell out to this day. When he isn’t choosing notes, he helps clients find the perfect fragrance that complements their style and personality. Many high-profile clients have found their signature scent through his advice. During his downtime, Lucas likes to fill his home with the mouth-watering smell of s’mores, scones, and other delectable desserts.